Mother/Martha thanks you all for the email and blog enjoyment. She checks often and takes pleasure from the thoughts, help and photos.
Her suggestions -- we all go to the library (or purchase) the new Joseph Ellis book American Creation. It is well written, an enjoyable read, and fun to ponder and wonder. Could even provide a little understanding of that time and the effects down through the years. All Ellis's revolutionary books are informative, easily read, and well researched even if "popular history" books.
She will refrain from anymore suggestions - well maybe one more - Banking on Baghdad by Edwin Black -- but sends a heartfelt thanks for all the birthday/Christmas books that have provided a great winter read -- about 5 books and 3 weeks more to go.
By the way! -- am sure everyone knows this but it had escaped me. The Rift Valley does not end on the African coast but continues across the Sinai up to Jordan and through Israel/Palestine into Syria and even to the Euphrates river in Iraq!!!! That has opened some interesting thoughts for this "sort of" poorly educated women -- Enough except for more thanks for the books.
Love,
Martha/Mom
In addition to a thoughtful blog - was a test to see if i could get something from email onto the blog! Think Mom should get a few points for a post.
2 comments:
How are there not 764 comments on this thing already-Grandma Martha just went out on that thing we all go out on and posted on the blog. I am so excited right now. I have decided to hold off on awarding buncher points on this one for a few days out of fairness to the other bloggers because my initial reaction to seeing grandma on the blog was to throw at least 2345 points her way. I will wait however till the rush subsides so as to be fair to all competitors. As an extra note (and I am in no way trying to be a brown noser here) I have read American Creation and really enjoyed it. I think Anne gave it to me for Christmas. I want to tell Grandma thank you for hopefully getting the ball rolling on some book reviews/recommendations. It seems like we have all been reading some cool stuff lets hear about some of it in some posts.
LoB
Great suggestions Grandma...i am not surprised that LoB as already read these selections. I was wondering if we could recommend some light FICTION reading for Lo. He is going into non-fiction overload. He feels that it is his job to pass on ALL the info. he gathers. i no longer can choose something to eat...all i can think of is corn, corn, corn. thanks LoB. I am jumping on the bandwagon and currently reading Eat Pray Love.
Post a Comment