Emma's hair was cut short this summer and it is now just long enough for little piggy tails (see photo). Because these piggy tails are bouncy (and a little bit out there) we call it Emma's happy hair.
Basketball picture day was insane. I had to run Lisa to the SURF program and meet Mark and the kiddos at the gym during Rob's game (after I went and paid for both kids pictures). I had all the stuff for E's hair in my purse so I could fix it while I watched R's game.
Emma wanted braids- so I said I would try. And try I did- four times, but her hair is still just too short. I did everything I could think of to get that hair braided but no dice. Through it all- just so you have a visual- I was clamping the end of the brush in my mouth, had elastics wrapped around my fingers, was sitting on the bleachers with Emma on the seat below me shouting around the brush "Good Rebound Rob" or "Shoot it" or "Cody get back here" (that was said most). Naturally all my advice was muffled by my clamped teeth and the brush so it sounded more like "Coby-ge back ere" Is it any wonder he didn't understand? At least that is what I tell myself.
Finally, in defeat I told Emma she was going to have to have happy hair for her picture instead of braids and she was very upset and even a little whiney (yes, Emma gets whiney too). Finally I said, "Emma we just have to wait a minute for your hair to grow." Stupid- I know- but I was trying to convey that it wouldn't be that much longer. I went back to watching the game and approximately 62 seconds later Emma asked, "Has it been a minute yet?" Ummm.
Our basketball pictures this year have happy hair- but I'm guessing next year they will have braids.
4 comments:
Love the happy hair. I remeber how you used to wish i could french braid - never could but you learned so you could do Emmy's for basketball.
i can't believe how much her happy hair has grown out already!
Happy hair is so cute :)
Emma's hair is the bestest in the whole world! Her hair always makes me smile!
Post a Comment