Then, trouble hit. The guy at Walgreen's decided I needed to wait at the picture counter for ten minutes while he did something- which I am sure was much more important than serving a paying customer in the retail industry (but I digress to an unproductive soapbox)- and my sweet Codster was more than a little tempted by the candy right at his eye level. When I refused to purchase him the jumbo box of Mike & Ikes- boom Codmonster! He started yelling at me in the store- stomping his feet and then growling (literally). Naturally, the only people in Walgreen's at 11:30 in the morning are the elderly- who were perfect parents and whose children never once needed discipline (am I digressing again?). I was very kind but firm- finally taking Codmonster's wrist and marching him out of the store. My elderly friends all had very helpful comments as I marched Cody past. Did I mention that at this point he was using his free hand to punch my leg every third step?
How does this happen, I wonder? How can this child go from singing me carols to growling at me in a matter of minutes?
Now Loren and Kalin know the truth- we aren't perfect parents, sigh. And I will continue to try and raise Jekyll and Hyde.
4 comments:
Loren and Kalin still think you guys are the perfect parents. Tell the Codster or Codmonster that Uncle Loren loves the Mike and Ikes too and growls at Kalin when she won't let me buy them.
LoB
I think that Cody is lucky that he is so adorable!! I'm sure he will grow out of the monster stage...LoB did...eventually.
Cody a monster?!?! Unbelievable!!
It was almost a year ago that we drove to the airport with him screaming "I WANNA DO IT!" After he wouldn't buckle his seat belt and you had to do it for him!
Emmy, clearly it has been awhile since you lived with LoB. I don't think he's grown out of the monster stage at all!
Post a Comment