On Sunday I was lucky enough to join Kalin, Loren, Carter, and Jamison on an adventure to the Skirball Museum. (First they had to explain what the Skirball is to this uncultured Pasadena girl.) It was amazing and I wish Mom could experience the exhibit with all her grandchildren. We had a few hours before our ticket time so we explored the gardens and Carter got to be an archealogists. They had this very cool area for the kids to dig for "artifacts." Then we enjoyed a meal at the museum. Finally it was time to check out the Noah's Ark exhibit. I was not prepared for what we saw.
The exhibit was huge and totally interactive. Both kids and adults could climb all over everything. They had ropes and pulleys and wind machines. It was unbelievable. All the animals were made from different household objects. They were true pieces of art. Everyone had a favorite. I loved a snake made from bottle tops. Kalin loved the penguins. Loren loved the rats made from croquet balls. Jamison loved chasing a wooden fruit around. And Carter loved climbing and exploring. It was a wonderful Sunday afternoon and I am always grateful for being included with Lo and family.
5 comments:
Wow - this puts my miniture Noah's Ark collection in its place! I would love to see all the arks and animals - what a neat idea for an exhibit. maybe it will still be there when Molly arrives. I need a pint of the extremely cute family looking out from an ark. Glad you all had a nice Sunday afternoon.
p.s. - share with the rest of us what the Skirball Museum is.
oohhhh nice pics!
and yes, please - even though i went to college two exits away from the Skirball, i still don't know exactly what it is lol
This looks so great! Team Hawkins was sad that we couldn't go. We'll have to go by ourselves sometime!
Very cool, guys! Looks like great fun!
Post a Comment