



I spent yesterday at the Page Museum at La Brea Tar Pits with Carter and my friend Iris and her little brother, Iman. It was a fun time. I had never been to the tar pits even though they are literally a block away from Lo and Kalin's house. Carter loves the Page Museum and it was fun to have him as a guide, a crazy, crazy guide. The word of the day was Vultures. That was all we heard about on the walk over. Carter was informing us about the vultures and how it was the coolest exhibit. He managed to work it into every conversation. I love spending time with Carter. He is always in motion and you never know what is going to come out of his mouth. It was fun to hang out with Iris and Iman. You could tell Carter loved being around a teenage boy and was working overtime trying to impress him. Iman was so good with him, patient and kind. The only complaint i have about the day was every sentence starting with, "Grandma lets me..." Apparently I am not as good at being "on the loose" as mom.
5 comments:
The museum is great and Carter a wonderful tour quide. We have developed a few tar pit traditions haven't we Carter. Well our neighbor looked on www.snopes.com/science/mars.asp and the mars thing is an internet hoax from 2003 so quess no exciting late night star watching on the 26th. Glad you had a good day and thanks to Iman.
Is your neighbor named James. Carter wanted me to tell his babysitting visitors from the Eastside thanks for a great couple of days. I know that I don't really need to thank Auntie and pals (Ms. Reyes, Ms. Tran, and Iman), since I did give them the pleasure of hanging out with my crazy son in my 800 square foot, unairconditioned, (I am patenting that word later tonight), apartment in 100 degree heat after battling traffic on the 101 at 7 in the morning. I mean really they should be thanking me. Thanks so much Auntie you are always our lifesaver. L.A. would have crumpled us up and spit us out long ago without your help.
I just wanted to make a few comments about the blog page setup. The book list on the right I setup to share what we are reading (and for me to get good ideas on what books I want to read next) in order to access it you sign into the blog account and then click the customize button up in the top corner.
emmy said...
man loren this blog is making you as sweet as apple pie. i liked how you had to preface it with a full paragraph of sarcasm, but you should know the feeling is mutual.
THANK YOU, LOREN.
(this is Ms. Reyes btw)
"Thanks so much Auntie you are always our lifesaver. L.A. would have crumpled us up and spit us out long ago without your help."
aawwwww...maybe Loren needs to go to training more often.
Post a Comment