Sunday, September 2, 2007

12 Angry Grizzlies or The Voice of Reason or Democracy Rules

I have just finished reading Emmy's masterful piece of P.R. and have sent it on to Senator Craig's office. (If anyone needs a new P.R. manager it is this guy.) Emmy would have had everyone believing that in true Idaho fashion the Senator was merely sparing a square in the infamous restroom encounter. There were two masterstrokes in Emmy's plea to the family. The first was the tried and true diversionary tactic where she tried to drag my Montana rep in the mud with hers. The second and what I feel is the greatest masterstroke of the piece was the picture of Emmy with Ms. Montana herself at a Grizzly Game. (I was having flashbacks to '92 when I watched a young Bill Clinton shaking JFK's hand every hour on the hour during MTV's choose or lose segments.) Well played indeed Emmy. Now it is true that Brendan called me last night very upset about this turn of events and after listening to his long laundry list of anti-Montana activities Emmy has been involved in this past year (you need look no further than this blog for photographic evidence of some of these activities-Tea, Emmy. Really?) my initial thought was the Montana card needs to be revoked. However in true Montana fashion I am prepared to be reasonable and democratic about this situation. You will see there is a new poll on a reasonable punishment for Emmy. Remember this is a Montana election so vote early and vote often (yes we are going Butte style on this thing you can vote more than once).
P.S.-Emmy I am withholding my vote for a couple of days while I check to see if my fridge magically fills up with a couple of cases of Moose Drool for the football season. (What? I said we were running this election Butte style.)

4 comments:

The Bob Briggs Family said...

Please see my comments about revoking Emmy"s MT card in her post
signed
Anne Nicole

emmy said...

I like your way of thinking Anne...remember "vote early and vote often"

Mark said...

Geez, at least you guys have a Montana card to play. Don't get me wrong, I love MT but never have had a permanent address there, I don't think it counts. I do pull out the Alaska card frequently, but I know I lost my card there long ago.
Makes me wonder what state my kiddos will call home? L&K, what about you? Are Carter, Jamison, and #3 all going to be California beach bums with no Montana cards?

Kalin said...

Mark, I really hope not because I'm all about the Seattle card (or the Washington State Cougar card, whichever suits my purpose). Loren and I hope to be somewhere else by the time these guys ever realize that they have a card. We like California but not as much as we like Washington and Montana.