Saturday, September 8, 2007

Panther Prowl...From Jenna



Saturday--we offically missed our first griz game (my parents are enjoying our seats) but spent a wonderful morning at the Longfellow Panther Prowl 3K. My school hosts a walk/jog for our families as part of our fitness program. We had a really great turn out this year and a beautiful day to run. Brendan even got to run--since we didn't put him to work at the run this year--and finished third overall and second in the mens division (he is going to LOVE that I am posting this picture:) He was just finishing--the front lady is one of our PTO moms who is a running machine, he almost beat her.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations Brendan -- you've always been a winner with us!! Wasn't it a beautiful end of summer day. In Dillon it was great painting & football weather, not to hot and not to cold. Looks like it was also a great day in Idaho Falls. A nice fitness idea - ok if i pass it on to our wellness director -- is it tons of work??

Mark said...

Good running Brendan, though if I zoom the pic a little bit, I can see a little guy that almost worked you! Don't feel bad, my little guys work me all the t

Mark said...

Sorry, somehow my comment was cut short. My little guys work me all the time, just like this blog, obviously.

Looked like the Montana game was not really worth watching, so you made an excellent choice! Ok, so they won, but against who....?

The Bob Briggs Family said...

Wow! This is great, you all are telling me that a Briggs finished 3 in a running race and not just any running race a 3K. I am in a state of shock here. That is great. For the Americans that visit our blog and don't know what a 3K is and why this is so impressive let me try to explain the math to you. (I visited Canada once and I feel that qualifies me as the metric system expert) Really anyone can figure this out just by looking at the word which contains a prefix KILO and a base word of meter. Kilo stands for 10 to the 3rd or for you more math challenged readers 1000. The base word meter comes from the canadien word for "a really freaking long way, eh" So when you combine the two words Brendan ran for 3Ks or 3 thousand really freaking long way measurements. Very impressive Brendan.

The Bob Briggs Family said...

Sorry to make another comment so soon but the more I think about Brendan (a Briggs) doing so well in a 3K the more questions come to my mind. Especially when I take a look at Mark's comments and zoomed in on the victory pic of Brendan zooming past the finish line. When I zoomed in on the young man Mark noticed in the picture I could tell right away that he is clearly a ringer. He looks like a trash talking little punk too which makes me feel even better that Brendan was able to leave him in the dust at the push to the finish line. However after pushing aside these initial feelings of pride in my cousin for a job well done some concerns cropped up. Concern #1 A member of the Briggs clan being able to run more than 22 feet without vomiting. Concern #2 Brendan visited San Francisco earlier this year, home of Barry Bonds and the Balco scandal Concern #3 The trash talking 9-year old in the picture. When I put these three concerns together it makes me wonder if Brendan is not going down a spiral of destruction in his quest to beat that little punk in the Panther Prowl. Stay off the roids Brendan.

The Bob Briggs Family said...

Jenna said...

I saw the kid in the background as well...now brendan is REALLY going to love this post ;) Though I do agree he looks like an 8 year-old ringer--he is actually a 9th grader(and runner) from the junior high next to us. I say this not because I need to defend my husband and his running-prowless, but rather because I asked to take his picture as the first elementary student to cross the finish line and he-and his mom- were not very happy with me and went off about how he would grow sometime soon and that he was NOT an elementary kid--you win some, you loose some :)

Susan--please do pass the idea along, it is not very hard--the set up can be a lot the first time, but then it gets easier each year

emmy said...

i need to make a comment about the ramblings of "the briggy bunch" a.k.a. LoB. on the first read through i was a bit confused. kilos, canada, expert, blah, blah, blah. i am usually with you LoB, but you lost me on this one. for anyone else that was confused i have some clarification...it was 7:57. apparently LoB had been up since 4:00am. it's okay buddy...we forgive you.