
So tonight has been a bit stressful...in a moment of confusion I admitted to Brendan that I voted for the '84 Cougars over the '95 Griz. I had my reasons for doing this: I graduated from B.Y.U., anyone that goes there knows that the '84 team is talked about constantly. I knew that the Griz would get many votes on this particular blog and I needed to show some love for the B.Y.U. These are not excuses...I just want you to know my thought process because this decision has sent me into a tailspin. Once Brendan heard about my vote he reacted very emotionally and decided there might need to be action taken regarding my "Montana Card."
I am in shock. I use my Montana card constantly. Everyone i meet knows within seconds that I am from Montana. I love the Big Sky Country. As you all know I spend a great deal of time visiting my home state. I told Brendan I realized my mistake and would be willing to deal with a suspension (he could set the terms). He needed a second opinion. So he called my dear brother. Within seconds LoB. betrayed me and told Brendan that all 5 members of his family vote for REVOKING my card!! REVOKING!!! What?? This is the same kid that has proudly told me he is from the "425." This is neither here nor there. Loren is not on trial...(you better believe if my card is revoked he better be ready to turn his in too, because I have plenty of evidence about that Seattle boy.) Anyways I wanted to give you some reasons why I should still be allowed to use my Montana card freely.
1.) I refer to Flathead Lake as "heaven on earth."
2.) I wear a Griz t-shirt on "College Day" at L.B.M.S.
3.) I spend the majority of my vacation in Montana.
4.) I understand that it is hard to be humble when you are from Montana.
5.) I voted for Monte everyday the year he won Mascot of the year.
6.) I read the Missoulian everyday.
7.) I am only giving 7 reasons because I want to highlight the fact that Montana is ranked the 7th smartest state in the country. I tell EVERYBODY i meet this little tidbit!!
Please, Please, Please don't vote to revoke this MONTANA girls' card!!!
7 comments:
FYI - the rest of Loren's family was never actually asked to vote. You have been misinformed my friend.
I don't think you should loose your MT card. I am Montanan through and through- in other words, my card CANNOT be revoked. Especially by Loren and Brendan- who are both younger and scared of me- and I vote for the '84 Cougs over ANY year of the Griz. There is no need for shameless begging or excuses or even justifyig your opinion.
As Momma and Papa Montana we believe it is time to weigh in on this discussion. We have enjoyed the interesting, informative, and clever blogs and comments. We are glad to see a clear understanding of the Montana voting process - seems 7th grade history really sunk in.
Our question is as follows -- for a generation that has wallets overflowing with cards - debit, credit, key cards, etc - can't it also overflow with state and country cards that the freedom and resources available has allowed this generation???
So many things to be loyal to - Eagles, Beavers, Griz, Cougars x2, family, country, state, and alma mater - and all at the same time.
Certainly Emmy and Brendan must work out an appropriate deal (hope you know the Grizzly fight song Emmy) but from our perspective each of you have a permanent Montana visa along with many cards from other great adventures.
And some of us have a brand new GRIZ hat with silver sparkles and a faux diamond clip on the back.
GO GRIZ!
p.s. - however Robbie Bosco was so darn cute!!!
Anne says- Robbie Bosco's good looks should definately be considered in the poll. I think that alone should earn the '87 Cougs at least 4 or 5 votes. BTW Emmy did you cave to peer pressure and change your vote? I'm only seeing two out there for the Cougs and I know one is me and one is Mark.
emmy is seriously the PR person for Montana down here in SoCal.
i will be doing my best to help keep you from being revoked :D
Thanks Iris!! See, See what I mean family...I am constantly talking about the MT down here. I am a good representative!! And I promise Iris's comment isn't because of Butte style voting...no money changed hands.
I'm thinking if Emmy is a true Montanan, a Vanity Plate is in order. What about "MT GAL"?
Post a Comment