We thought we were getting a good start until we saw how the girls are moving along.
Bob says: I was so excited I ordered all my reading list from Barnes & Noble but checked send in one package so it is held up until July 1 when Emmy's suggestion will be available in paperback. They did ship Robby's suggestion from another outlet - Stormbreaker -- and it was a good way to start. I found the book took me back many year's to reading the Hardy Boys -- it felt like a modern day Hardy Boy mystery -- I really enjoyed the story but agree with what Robby told me yesterday -- Alex does have a little tendenacy to complain. I do think I'll put another Alex Rider book on my fall reading list. Thanks Rob. Guess I'll have to start "Counting Coup" - Sue's suggestion while I wait for July 1.
Sue says: I LOVED the "Green Glass Sea" suggested by Lisa. It is so interesting to think about all the families that had to live in a place that everyone pretended didn't exist. In some ways, those kids were lucky to have their parents with them during the War (WWII) and can you imagine all those smart smart scientist together in that isolated place. I liked the way the story progressed, the development of the friendship. Dewey is so brave and is a character I'll keep in my heart. I also liked how I didn't understand the title until the last chapter (although I'm sure others did) - it is fun to have something you should have know finally click. This book is definitely on my recommeded reading list for all. Great pick Lisa! I've pulled HP 1 off the shelf for a little review - will comment soon.
Love to hear how everyone else is finding their list!
Anne - we are leaving Sept. 1 open to begin reading "Belle Boy"
1 comment:
Belle Boy will be availible to family and friends before Sept 1- I think. I'm not totally sure about the date for that but will keep you posted.
Post a Comment