Lisa has put me to shame by getting so many of her books read so quickly. My only excuse is that I have read "Belle Boy: A Sister in the Rebel Ranks" about four times the last two weeks. Does that count?
I have also read Loren's suggestion- "What is the What?" by David Eggers. It is an amazingly well written book about an amazingly sad problem. I'm glad Loren recommended it because I never would have picked it up by myself. The thing I kept thinking was how lucky I was to be born in the Western US to a good family. I even had a nightmare about being stuck in a refugee camp all night one night. Every time I woke up I'd try to shake it off- but it just kept coming back. Good pick Loren (even if boys did get eaten by lions). Thanks.
This past week I also had a chance to get reacquainted with Olivia- who I love. She is fantastic, especially when she is ready to go swimming. Thank you Molly.
Jamo is a huge favorite right now because he recommended The Sneetches. That is my very favorite Dr. Seuss book EVER. I love that I got to read it (several times) this last week. I think I won't mark it off my list yet so I can read it a few more times this summer.
I'm off to find a recommended book I can read by the pool- as much as I liked "What is the What" it is not pool material. ;-).
Happy Reading,
Anne
1 comment:
Gosh -- sounds like I better get busy -- Lisa, Anne, and Emmy are really moving through their books. So far from the comments, think I'd like to try them all. Hope Molly brings some of her Olivia books to read with Grandma.
Fun to hear all about your book today anne -- when will the rest of us be reading Belle Boy???
Post a Comment