Saturday, June 26, 2010

Potte (r) Break

I decided to take a Potte (r) break because the striped blue and pink toe socks on the cover of Emma's choice were calling to me. Last night, as I sent positive thoughts to all night uhaul drivers, I read - A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban.

I was hooked at the first chapter - it was like I had put my very eleven year old thoughts down.
You will all have to read the first chapter in Dillon, it was perfect, - but a hint --
I was supposed to play the piano.
The piano is a beautiful instrument.
Elegant.
Dignified.
And the rest of the short chapter is even better!!!
I really like this book - Zoe is great - so funny, hopeful, brave and loving of her a little bit crazy family - whose isn't. I also really like the structure of the book with the short to very short chapters - made it fun and easy to read. This is a beautifully written story that hit all the right chords!! I hope everyone can read it this summer.
Is anyone reading with me -- hopping for more summer reading list posts soon.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I have read "A Crooked Kind of Perfect" as well. I thought it was fantastic as well.

I too have been reading- but nothing from my list. A lot of my book, now I have a "clean galley" (my publisher calls it a brag galley) to bring to Montana with me. My publisher also told me I wasn't allowed to look in this one or I would find more to edit and it is time to STOP! Which means I'll have more time to get back to my list.